Skip to main content

Yes, I was dead. It’s true I was dead. I resurrected – Mugabe


Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe joked Saturday that he had been resurrected as he returned from a foreign trip, mocking rumours that he had died or is critically ill.
“Yes, I was dead. It’s true I was dead. I resurrected as I always do once I get back to my country. I am real again,” the 92-year-old ruler told reporters at Harare international airport after arriving from Dubai.

His comments came after an online news site reported he had died mid-air on his trip to Dubai.

Mugabe’s health has been increasingly under the spotlight in recent years, particularly after he fell down a staircase after addressing supporters last year.
He has denied ill-health reports and vowed to stand for reelection in 2018, but recent weeks have seen a surge of demonstrations against his rule, which stretches back to Zimbabwe’s independence in 1980.

Zimbabwe police announced on Thursday a two-week ban on protests in the capital Harare, after a string of violent demonstrations in recent weeks calling on Mugabe to step down.
Zimbabwe has suffered an economic crisis since the start of the century, with 90 percent of the population not in formal employment.
The cash-strapped government has been slow to pay the salaries of public sector workers while banks are running out of cash.

Comments

Popular Post

Queeneth Agbor on sex before marriage and Calabar women

In a new interview she explained why Calabar women are considered husband snatchers and her take on premarital sex Queeneth Agbor is a fast rising Nollywood actress who has starred in movies such as Painful Kingdom with Olu Jacobs, Hooked with Francis Duru and The Movement (sanitation). She holds a Microbiology degree from the University of Calabar. In a new interview with Punch newspaper, the Calabar-born actress also expressed her annoyance over the stereotype of Calabar women being husband snatchers. “I don’t think we (Calabar girls) are husband snatchers, but we know how to keep a man to ourselves.” “Some men don’t like food, so you might not be able to keep him through that, but men like it when a lady is clean and of course good in bed. A Calabar girl is a combination of all.” On the issue of premarital sex, she agrees it is essential to know what your boyfriend is working with before marriage. She said: “You have to know your package, I am not saying just go into it ...

TOYOTA COROLLA

 Make: Toyota Corolla  Model: 2015 Status: Foreign Used  Health: Accident Free  Location: Anambra State  Price: ₦16 million USA 🇺🇸 use  Call/WhatsApp: 0 7066823484